The 2014 Spring Roommate Quote Book

Today is the end of an era.

Today was the last day that I woke up as Bri's roommate (okay, so we were hotel roommates today, but it still counts). I feel so amazingly privileged to have spent my first two years of college with Bri sleeping on the other side of my room. I'm even more thankful for the friendship that's developed because of it-- whether that friendship entails honest conversations or panicked moments when we think we're locked out of the car in the middle of Hayden, Idaho (thank goodness for spare keys, right?).

I'm super excited to see where God takes you next year as you move into your sorority house, but know I'll miss having you ten feet away!

And so, without further ado, the last of the Bri/Mackenzie Roommate quotes:


Bri: I have a fantastic idea. Are you on Facebook?
Mac: Yes.
Bri: Good, ‘cause I’m going to need you to like something
.

Bri: Mackenzie, I had kind of hoped that you had come home from break with a New Year’s Resolution to study less.

Bri: If you’re an introvert, why do you have a roommate?
Mac: Because.... It’s cheaper.

Bri: Have you been crying? Your eyes are slightly red and I highly doubt you’re stoned. I’m just going to take a stab in the dark there.

Mac: I don’t want to study anymore. I just want to drop out and join the circus.
Bri: Come on, Mackenzie. What can you do to contribute to the circus?!

Bri: If I could clone myself, I would. I’d make enough of me for everyone here, and I’d give myself a nice man version of myself. Yes, I would date myself.

Mac: What can we do to sanitize the room while we’re sleeping, though? I’ll be breathing, you’ll be breathing...
Bri: I considered buying a humidifier, but then I thought it makes everyone sweat.
Mac: Truth. And we only have so much dry shampoo.

Bri: I wish there was a store where you could just buy men. I’d pay extra if he could look like that.

Bri: Stop! I don’t even know where the tears come from! You’re like freaking Alice and Wonderland and you flood the whole room! ... In a good way...

Bri: No, Mackenzie, we'll be roommates for life!
Mac: I feel like that's impractical. What if one of us gets married?
Bri: We can just be like [our InterVarsity staff workers] Courtney and Brittni!






Our last day as roommates!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Reset Button (Or: Why Camp Can't Get Rid of Me)

And the Church Kept Singing

A New Home, Church, and a Bit of Camp Wisdom